[fpc-pascal]ide for fpc: wrong borders under X (xterm, KDE konsole)

Sun May 19 12:56:44 CEST 2002

On Sun, 19 May 2002, Andreas K. Foerster wrote:

> On Sun, May 19, 2002 at 12:14:36PM +0200, Marcus Roeckrath wrote:
>
> > I have the problem that the ide looks very bad under X (xterm and kde's
> > konsole). The border lines aren't made using the graphical lines from the
> > ascii charset. In a normal linux konsole it looks as expected.
> >
> > Anyone an idea where to look to get a correct appearance of the ide.
>
> Try
> xterm -font vga

Another option (documented in the manual) is to add the commmand-line
-F to the ide:

fp -F

This will use alternate characters. I always use that. Note that most f the
the alt-key keycombinations work in konsole, but not in xterm.

Michael.