[fpc-pascal]FP IDE options

Pierre Muller pierre at freepascal.org
Fri May 17 15:50:45 CEST 2002

At 15:16 17/05/2002 , Aitor Santamaría a écrit:
>PS: An old bug that I can't reproduce, but which I came accross, at certain conditions, help system is corrupted, and only random characters in random colors are shown, specially after trying Ctrl+Click to get a term in help.

This should be more stable in the 1.0.6 release.

>Aitor
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am new to the FPC IDE for DOS, as I am more used to that of TP/TC, and
> > to compile manually from commandline. I must admit it has improved a lot
> > since I list tried it, where I rejected using it due to the critical
> > bugs which made the IDE abort quite frequently at compiling.
> >
> > However, I can't tune up the Editor preferences as I'd like to, and I
> > don't know which are bugs, which are not-ready features, and which are
> > misconfiguration.
> >
> > There are two things that I would like to feel on the IDE Editor,
> > regarding selected blocks.
> >
> > One is that, if a block is selected and I move the cursor off with the
> > keyboard, the block should be automatically unselected. This is what I
> > understood to be "Persistent Blocks" to be DISABLED. However, my
> > Persistent Block option in Options\Environment\Editor is disabled, but
> > the behaviour persists.

I think that the problem is that this is a editor local flag
(i.e. it can be changed individually for each edited file).
So if you change the global settings in the Options|Environment|Editor
the files open before that change still have the flag present,
but if you close and reopen the file, it should work as you want.

> > The second one is that I would like that, when a block is selected, any
> > key replaces it, and pressing DEL removes it. I think Borland used the
> > terminology "Overwrite blocks", or something like that, but I don't see
> > such option in the editor.

This is indeed not implemented...

> > I am using the IDE that comes with ver 1.0.4, but if you tell me that
> > these are bugs which are fixed by 1.0.6, I'll switch :)
> >
> > Aitor

Thanks for your report.