[fpc-pascal]FP IDE options

Aitor SantamarĂ­a aitor.sm at wanadoo.es
Fri May 17 15:14:39 CEST 2002

Hi,

I am new to the FPC IDE for DOS, as I am more used to that of TP/TC, and
to compile manually from commandline. I must admit it has improved a lot
since I list tried it, where I rejected using it due to the critical
bugs which made the IDE abort quite frequently at compiling.

However, I can't tune up the Editor preferences as I'd like to, and I
don't know which are bugs, which are not-ready features, and which are
misconfiguration.

There are two things that I would like to feel on the IDE Editor,
regarding selected blocks.

One is that, if a block is selected and I move the cursor off with the
keyboard, the block should be automatically unselected. This is what I
understood to be "Persistent Blocks" to be DISABLED. However, my
Persistent Block option in Options\Environment\Editor is disabled, but
the behaviour persists.

The second one is that I would like that, when a block is selected, any
key replaces it, and pressing DEL removes it. I think Borland used the
terminology "Overwrite blocks", or something like that, but I don't see
such option in the editor.

I am using the IDE that comes with ver 1.0.4, but if you tell me that
these are bugs which are fixed by 1.0.6, I'll switch :)

Aitor