[fpc-pascal]Two Questions

Andreas K. Foerster Andreas at AKFoerster.de
Tue Mar 26 11:43:27 CET 2002

On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 03:57:36PM -0500, freepascal at netscape.net wrote:

> My first question is, why are FPC Win32 executables so large, even after running stripw.exe on them? A simple program that has nothing but the CRT unit declared and does nothing more than clear the screen and write "Hello" is a 400K executable. Smart linking doesn't seem to do much to cure it, and stripw.exe only trims it down to about 150K. That seems a bit outrageous to me, but that's just my opinion, I guess.

Have you installed the ppc386.cfg file?
Take a look at it, there can a lot of optimizations be done.

Btw. there is of course allways a base of code, that is put into any
program, no matter how long or short it is. And when you use the Crt
unit without activating smartlinking, the whole unit is put into the
program. Read the manual...

P.S.: I don't use FP. I don't need it, I don't like it, I don't...
I don't better write anything further

--
Tschuess
	Andreas