[fpc-pascal]Calling intr from Windows

Andreas K. Foerster Andreas at AKFoerster.de
Mon Mar 18 11:39:33 CET 2002

On Sun, Mar 17, 2002 at 10:13:10PM +0100, Jonas Maebe wrote:

> > That would disallow to compile programms even when the unsupported
> > function isn't essential.
>
> I don't see how a call to msdos/intr could be 'non essential' (if they
> would be, then why are they in te program? :). And even though a program
> could run for a while calling dummy mark/release procedures, it would
> eventually consume so much RAM the system would become unusable.

Okay, THEY are essential.

But I meant functions like Sound, SetVisualPage/GetVisualPage...,
where the programs could eventually run without them.

> > I would vote for that:
> >
> > {$Warning function not implemented for this platform}
> >
> > This gives a warning, but doesn't nessesarily break compilation.
>
> Putting a warning in a source only shows that warning while compiling the
> source (so you'd only see this warning while compiling the Dos unit). And
> it's only shown if you've turned warnings on. Calling an unsupported
> function is an error imho, not a "possible error" (which is what a
> warning indicates)

But simply missing sound for example is better than having to look for
the problem.

--
Tschuess
	Andreas