[fpc-pascal]Calling intr from Windows

XHajT03 at mbox.vol.cz XHajT03 at mbox.vol.cz
Thu Mar 14 19:53:11 CET 2002

Date sent:      	Wed, 13 Mar 2002 22:18:20 -0300
From:           	Fernando Lozano <fsl at centroin.com.br>
To:             	fpc-pascal at deadlock.et.tudelft.nl
Subject:        	Re: [fpc-pascal]Calling intr from Windows
Send reply to:  	fpc-pascal at deadlock.et.tudelft.nl

> >  Maybe (depending on support of the particular DOS function in your
> > environment, i.e. W95 here) if compiling for GO32v2 target.
> > Absolutely not if compiling for Win32 target.
>
> The Win32 API has a call to use DOS and BIOS interrupts. I Thought the
> DOS unit on these systems should have used this call. So there are two
> functions (intr and msdos) on the DOS unit for Win32 that do not work
> at all?

 Is there really something like "Win32 API" (I mean a consistent set
of interface functions working everywhere, where that API is
supposedly supported)? ;-))) I'm no Win32 kean myself, but I'm almost
sure there's no function to use DOS and BIOS interrupts under
WinNT/2000/XP.
 Anyway - Intr and MsDos functions are only present in the Dos unit
for Win32 to keep interface parts of the Dos unit identical across
supported platforms. They do absolutely nothing, as you can see from
that unit's sources. DOS and BIOS calls aren't supported under Win32
(in fact, there's nothing to call on WinNT, since direct access to
hardware is forbidden there, and there's no DOS underneath - as
opposed to Win9x/ME).

Tomas