[fpc-pascal]Using FPC 1.1 for bootstraping compiler v1.0.7

Sergey Korshunoff seyko at comail.ru
Sat Jun 1 00:45:11 CEST 2002

> On vrijdag, mei 31, 2002, at 01:45 , Sergey Korshunoff wrote:
> > There was a situation when I only have 1.1 binaries.
> > FPC v1.1 do not want to compile compiler v1.0.7 without a patch.
> > Patch is mainly do
> >     $FFFFFFFF  ==>  -1
> > replacing (v1.1 complain about outrange longint initialization).
> > Is there in FPC option to setup for such case a behavior as in v1.0.7 ?
>
> No. This requires 64bit constant support, which 1.0.7 doesn't have.

I patch a sources of v1.0.7 compiler to allow compile that's with fpc 1.1.
Question is: is there in FPC 1.1 a flag to allow behave as Kylix in
      a32bitInteger:=$FFFFFFFF;
case? (Kylix only give warning in such case, FPC v1.1 aborts
compilation)

> > PS: if you remove
> > 	override RELEASE=1
> > from root Makefile.fpc, then you can not build a 1.1 dist with 1.1
> > compiler
>
> What do you mean with "dist"? A collection of zipiles to distribute? If
> so, why would you want to remove the "dist=1"?

I use
   make rpm
to build FPC packet under Linux (RPM allow an easy remove).
And I want to build UNITS with debug info (not optimized version).
But this is not possible: FPC v1.1 can not build full tree without
optimization.

Regards,
	Sergey Korshunoff