[fpc-pascal]FPC and GTK+

Fernando Lozano fsl at centroin.com.br
Sat Jul 27 06:05:32 CEST 2002

Hi Florian,

>> It looks like if I copy libgtk-0.dll from newer releases of Gimp and
>> Dia for Windows to gtk-1.3.dll everything works fine.
>
> libgtk-0.dll is a developement version that's the reason of the
> strange version number. GTK-Win32 is still classified as unstable I
> think.

Well, it works very well with Gimp, Dia and Ethereal, which are big
apps. :-)

Mozilla and OpenOffice for Windows are also GTK-based, but use custom
patched versions.

I also discovered a Windows port of Glade. It works very nice! Now I
have to find a Win32 port of libglade.Compiling the Pascal bindings for
libglade was easy, but I have no GLADE.DLL availabe. :-(

>> But I still need help with the OO wrappers for event handlers. :-)
>
> Ever looked at https://sourceforge.net/projects/gtkpas/ ?

Thanks for the hint. But my attempts to hack the makefiles for Win32
didn't worked. They miss symbols from the GTK Unit (!)

[]s, Fernando Lozano