[fpc-pascal]plugin frameworks.

A.J. Venter ddt at vukanet.co.za
Fri Jul 19 22:06:46 CEST 2002

Ok all this considdered then I though I should share my typecase code with you and ask for help correcting it.

{$H+}
program mysql_example;

Function S2P (Str: AnsiString) : Pchar;

Begin

	S2P := StrAlloc (length(Str)+1);
	S2P := StrPCopy (S2P,Str);

end;

{Then when I want to do a mysql_query with web data I  would do something like:
mysql_query(sock,s2p('SELECT * FROM table WHERE name="'+Data[1].value'));

Which consistently fail whenever the total lenth of Str exceeds 255 characters (everything after 255 gets thrown away);

The explicit declaration of Str as type AnsiString was added later (when trying to debug) I get the same results using just string with {$H+} declared.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CIao
A.J. Venter