[fpc-pascal]plugin frameworks.

Jeff Wormsley daworm10 at comcast.net
Thu Jul 18 19:47:10 CEST 2002

On 7/18/2002 at 4:45 PM marcov at stack.nl wrote:

>For what OSes do you need these functions?

Indeed, that is the most important question.

I spend most of my time (read 99.9%) in Win32, so the only help I can give
is for this platform.  With DLL's, a neat way to handle bi-directional
"function calls" is to build a window handle and message loop and pass this
to the DLL.  Then use SendMessage or PostMessage (depending upon desired
blocking behavior) with paramaters that are pointers to the data structures
to exchange.  For Delphi, COM is preferred for this type thing, but I don't
think FPC has interfaces yet, so you need to use this message method
instead.  It is a bit clunky, and not very RAD, but it does work.  I don't
know what the linux equivalent is, nor the various DOS extenders.

Jeff.