[fpc-pascal]Why Oop?

Stefan Becker becker at lufa-sp.vdlufa.de
Fri Feb 22 12:57:21 CET 2002

Hi,
there is nothing under the sun that "couldn't be coded differant".

Object Orientated Programming is some what of a philosophy to me.

I've written programms without OOPs.  This usually means that that
common structured data is passed via pointer to the programm parts
that use the data.  But this is in essence just what the *COMPILER*
is told to do:
- Create common data structures
- know what code goes along with those structures
- mangage pointers and memory to these structures (we call Objects!)

Why do all this "pointer passing" when it CAN be done by language
structures understood by the compliler.

Again, OOP's is a philosophy - a way of thinking -
this becomes in time a "Way of Life" for the programmer.

my regards,
Stefan