[fpc-pascal].NET opinions?

Olaf Leidinger leidola at newcon.de
Tue Aug 20 17:50:21 CEST 2002

Am Die, 2002-08-20 um 16.03 schrieb Marco van de Voort:
> > One big advantage of FreePascal .NET applications would be the fact that
> > you have to compile them once and you can use them on a wide range of
> > operating systems, and at least on one that wasn't supported by fpc
> > before,  Mac OS.

> I think FPC will sooner support Mac OS than .NET will support Mac OS :-)

> The "multi platform" possibilities of .NET still exist only on paper.
> There are some GPL projects in the works, but one still has to wait if they
> provide enough compability.

Well, I think you're right. For a realy wide range of platforms a java
backend would be the best choice ;-)
I personally don't need .net and I think if the gcc guys create a .net backend
we could use gpc as a .net-pascal compiler.
Perhaps you should create a gcc-frontend? But this is certainly more
difficult than adding .net support to the compiler.

ciao,

olaf