[fpc-pascal]FreeVision

Jonas Maebe jonas at zeus.rug.ac.be
Mon Apr 8 17:48:08 CEST 2002

On maandag, april 8, 2002, at 05:23 , Arsen Gushin wrote:

> I would like to find out when it will be possible to use FreeVision
> library (clone TurboVision) and as far as developers are close to
> completion?

As you may know, Free Vision is already finished and wordks very well
(it's used in our IDE). The problem with it is that it's based on
Borland's sources for Turbo Vision and as such we can't distribute it.

We're also working on FVISION (available by checking out the fvision
module from cvs, see <http://www.freepascal.org/develop.html#cvs> for
info on how to use cvs), which is a completely new implementation of
Free Vision with no Borland code at all. Unfortunately, despite much
work by Pierre, it's not ready yet (it still crashes a lot and I believe
keypresses are lost also). Maybe Pierre can say what exactly still has
to happen to fvision to make it usable.

Jonas