[fpc-pascal]TFileStream

Michael Van Canneyt michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Thu Sep 6 16:33:35 CEST 2001

On Thu, 6 Sep 2001, ron wilson wrote:

> this is my first post to the list - i am a novice, so any help would be
> appreciated.
>
> i have been using the TFileStream class to do some basic file *reading* but
> the class is undocumented and seems to be *very* deficient in features.
> does anybody have good documentation for it?  i need an eof flag/method,
> error handling, etc.

There is a preliminary but quite complete&accurate
version of the documentation on

http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/classes/index.html

Look at the classes section, TFileStream. It is completely documented

> also, i am not married to this class.  if anybody has a better idea, let me
> know.  ultimately what i need to do is read and write simple text and binary
> files.

You can always use the FileCreate/FileOpen/FileRead/FileWrite
functions of the SysUtils unit. These are about the most low-level functions
you can get, and they are cross-platform.

Michael.