[fpc-pascal]Real bpw and fpc

Arne Hanssen arne-h at c2i.net
Tue Oct 2 17:46:52 CEST 2001

Thus spoke adeli at adeli.fr (Ldrevon at adeli.fr):

> Hi all
> Does anybody know how to convert a real type from bpw to fpc and vice-
> versa:
> i explain : bpw real have 6 byte long and fpc 8 !
> I have to translate somes struct binary files from bpw to fpc!

I don't know how to do this in FPC, but using BP (or VP) you can
read data files using REAL an write them using the DOUBLE data type.

Example:
type
  oldrec = record
          :
	  data: real;
	  :
	end;
  newrec = record
          :
	  data: double;
	  :
	enc;
var
  olddata: oldrec;
  newdata: newrec;
begin
  :
  read( oldfile, olddata );
  newdata.data := olddata.data;  // convert real to double
  write( newfil, newdata );
  :
end.

Vennlig hilsen / Best regards     |\     ___,,--,        _
Arne Hanssen, Senja, Norway       /,`--''        \-,,__,'/
http://home.c2i.net/nite/arne    |,4   ) )_    ) /~-----'
http://home.c2i.net/bkgras -----'---^~(_/-_)--(_/_)-------