[fpc-pascal]FreeBSD's with Windows9X compilation

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Tue Nov 27 23:01:05 CET 2001

> I have 1 question to You:
>
>  If it's possible to compile free-pascal *.exe programms under FreeBSD
> OS

It is possible, but I don't know how practical it is, since I only tried
it for small programs, that don't use much.

I occasionally use it to do small tests compile on my home machine to run on
my work (win2000) machine, without having to update the FPC compiler+libs on
the (slower, and more rarely updated) Win 2000 system.

There are even precompiled cross-binutils for 4.4 IIRC, in the
contrib/crosstools (can't remember exact name).

> and where I can find any information about?

Crosscompiling from FreeBSD is the same as from Linux, and there may be
information about that in the manuals. For both FreeBSD specific as
crosscompiling with FPC problems in general, you can mail me, or use this
list.