[fpc-pascal]FP IDE keys in xterm

Marcel van der Heide mgh0002 at attglobal.net
Wed Nov 14 12:16:49 CET 2001

I like to use the FP IDE under X in an xterm, but the ctrl-left/right and
shift-arow keys don't work properly in an xterm.
After some fiddling I've found that adding the following to your .Xdefaults
makes the ctrl-left and right work:

XTerm*vt100.translations: #override \
	Ctrl<Key>Right:		string(0x00) string(0x74) \n\
	Ctrl<Key>Left:		string(0x00) string(0x73) \n

Maybe it'll help other people with the same problem.

I have not found a solution for the shift-arrows yet.

The drawback is that this influences all programs that are run in an xterm.
Is there a better way to do this, or could those key combinations be added to
the 'learnkeys' of the IDE?

Best wishes and thanks,

Marcel