[fpc-pascal]mysql on windows

Fernando Lozano fsl at centroin.com.br
Thu May 31 22:20:56 CEST 2001

Hi Kanzelsberger,

> I have the same problem, anyway DLL is not needed in compilation time...
> compiler is looking for mysqlclient.lib or .aw? file...

My debugging shows that the compiler (actually ldw.exe, the linker) is looking for libmysqlclient.a. Renaming the libmysql.dll or libmysqlclient.lib to libmysqlclient.a solvers the error about -lmysqlclient but shows a new error about -lm.

The MySQL manual states you need to link libmysql.lib to use libmysql.dll. I guess I need to get a working libm.a from somewhere, maybe cygwin.

[]s, Fernando Lozano