[fpc-pascal]Free Vision / Turbo Vision.

Michael Van Canneyt michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Thu May 17 09:29:28 CEST 2001

On Wed, 16 May 2001, Arne Hanssen wrote:

> As Free Vision is not released (originally because it was more
> or less copied from Borland code), I wonder if the solution Virtual
> Pascal has selected could "make things happen" for FPC as well:
>
> Virtual Pascal provides patches of the original TV source to
> adapt TV to OS/2 and Win32.  So if I have the BP-TV source (which
> I do) I can patch TV for VP's native plattforms...
>
> To the point:  Is this a feasable option for the FPC team, at
> least for Linux (hint, hint ;)?  Or will this be so much work
> that Free Vision is closer to release than this option?  Or could
> the (now withdrawn) FV-version be easily adopted to this scheme?
>
> Sorry to bother you with this, but I'm eager to build Linux-
> versions of my TV-apps!  ;-)

This has actually been proposed several times, so an attempt could
be made to do this.

On the other hand, Pierre Muller seems to have the new FV to a point
where it can actually run an application. Since the patch for TV is
almost as big as the sources itself, it may be a better strategy to
cooperate with Pierre to get FVision to work.

Michael.