[fpc-pascal]Clone function and FreeBSD

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Thu Mar 29 23:23:59 CEST 2001

>     I'm working (or trying to) with FPC 1.0.4 + FreeBSD and seeing some
> "faults" (?)
>     with "clone" function. The example in the reference guide don't work and
> I didn't
>     found anything on the web that can help. Does anybody haves another
> sample code
>     or more information about this function ?

The clone function in there is untested and taken from the Linux Threads
port. It is provided for experimentation only atm.

If it looks like below, try adding a "pushl %eax" at the given place:

function Clone(func:TCloneFunc;sp:pointer;flags:longint;args:pointer):longint;
assembler;
asm
	pushl	%esi
	movl	12(%ebp), %esi
	subl	$4, %esi
	movl	20(%ebp), %eax
	movl	%eax, (%esi)
	subl	$4, %esi
	movl	8(%ebp), %eax
	movl	%eax, (%esi)
	pushl	16(%ebp)
	pushl	%esi
	pushl   %eax		// <- this one is EXTRA!!!!!!
	mov	syscall_nr_rfork, %eax
	int     $0x80
	jb 	.L2
	test    %edx, %edx