[fpc-pascal]inputs, differents between DOS and Linux

stefan steeve133 at web.de
Tue Mar 20 10:50:46 CET 2001

Dear Jonas,

i am working under Suse Linux, 6.3 (came out last year).

Yours

Stefan

Am Die, 20 Mär 2001 schrieben Sie:
> On Tuesday, March 20, 2001, at 08:55 AM, stefan wrote:
>
> > i have a problem with some inputs under fpc.
> > I wrote the programs how under Turbo Pascal (Dos), but i do not know,
> > why the inputs can not be modified.
> > Here is one example:
> >
> > program test123;
> >
> > uses crt;
> >
> > var name    : string[20];
> > Begin
> >
> > gotoxy(3,3);writeln('Please enter your name: ');
> > gotoxy(30,3);readln(name);

> > end;
> >
> > If i put in the name, i have to do it very correctly, because i cannot
> > use the key how BACKSPACE or DELETE to modify a sign.
>
> Under which OS are you working and what version of the compile do you use? This was afaik only a problem under Linux when using version 1.0.2 or earlier and was fixed in 1.0.4.
>

> Jonas

* Stefan Hintermeier, look at www.zuseworld.de                 *
* write under steeve133 at web.de                                 *
* Planet earth - Germany - Bavaria                             *