[fpc-pascal]Missing libpanel.a Library after a SuSE 7.1 Update

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Tue Mar 13 11:19:53 CET 2001

> > - Check which packages depend on it. If none, kill panel, and
> > recompile from
> > source, either from TGZ, or, better, from SRPM, and rebuild, and copy the
> > generated .a by hand?)
>
> That what was needed
>

> > - kick SUSE.
> >

> So far I haven't had to much problems with "SuSe" Linux. What "Linux"
> version
> would YOU suggest?

Slackware or Debian. But that was not what I meant, I meant mail the SUSE
guys that there is something rotten in their ncurses RPM. They'll probably
create an update.

I always found the Suse guys quite efficient. (like when we mailed that FPC
1.0 was out 7 days before SUSE 7.0, and they somehow got it included)