[fpc-pascal]Free Pascal compiler version 1.0.4 is officially out !
peter at freepascal.org
Mon Jan 1 12:49:11 CET 2001
Happy new year everybody. To give you something to play with this year, the
Free Pascal Development Team announces that
of the Free Pascal compiler has been officially released.
Most important fixes since the previous (1.0.2) release:
+ IDE documentation
+ Fpc executable
+ Rangechecking for int64 and cardinals
+ Debugging support for classes
+ Lot of FreeBSD updates
* FindFirst/FindClose fixes
* FExpand fixes
* TypInfo fixes
* fixed some missing .o and .a files
The Free Pascal Compiler features:
- A Turbo Pascal and Delphi compatible compiler for the Intel processor
family, with some extensions to the Pascal and Object Pascal dialects,
such as operator overloading.
- Full debugger support with GNU GDB.
- An OS independent Run-Time Library, equivalent to the Turbo Pascal
and Delphi Run-Time Libraries, not dependent on external libraries.
- An API allowing for OS-Independent screen, keyboard and mouse
- Many units, interfacing to various API's: gtk, xforms, zlib, ncurses,
sockets, X, mysql, postgresql, Interbase, paszlib, opengl, libgdb.
- A Free Component Library, containing many base classes from the
- An IDE resembling Turbo Pascal's IDE (currently Beta quality) with
full GDB debugger support.
- More than 800 pages of documentation in Adobe PDF format, featuring
+ User's guide
+ Programmer's guide
+ Reference guide
+ reference guide for all units in the Run-Time Library
+ More than 440 complete example programs.
(Other formats include plain text, HTML and PostScript)
- Full sources to compiler, RTL, docs, packages.
More information can be found on:
Installations are available for the following platforms:
Dos - Using the djgpp extender
Windows - Native Windows binary
Linux - RPM, .deb and .tar.gz packages are available.
FreeBSD - Native FreeBSD binary
OS/2 - Using the EMX extender.
Amiga - Based on version 0.99.5
Select your nearest download location from:
(Beware, not all mirrors may be up-to date yet...)
or you can go directly to the FTP site:
Dos - ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/dist/Dos
Win32 - ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/dist/Win32
Linux - ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/dist/Linux
FreeBSD - ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/dist/Freebsd
OS/2 - ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/dist/Os2
Amiga - ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/dist/Amiga
Installation instructions can be found on the web-page.
If you experience any problems with the installation, please let
us know, so we can correct them as soon as possible.
speaking for the whole Free Pascal Development Team
More information about the fpc-pascal