[fpc-pascal]Another Windows API Questions

Gabor DEAK JAHN djg at tramontana.co.hu
Sat Dec 8 18:37:49 CET 2001

At 12/8/2001 09:55 AM, you wrote:

Ed,

 > But on Windows NT 4, I get a division by zero error when the program
 > starts.  I asked the author about it.  He replied that there is a

It's not the operating system, actually, but the speed of the processor. The
startup routine in the original RTL used a counter to perform some timing
which was only a word in size. While this was perfectly OK back then, around
the appearance 200-300 MHz processors it started to overflow. The patched
RTL uses a longint instead.

Bye,
    Gábor

Gabor DEAK JAHN -- Budapest, Hungary.