[fpc-pascal]Odd behavior with Crt unit..

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Wed Dec 5 19:46:04 CET 2001

> On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 08:03:02AM -0800, Gene Buckle wrote:
>
> > >From what I've been able to discover (with much help from external
> > sources) is that for some reason the FPC program is sending [6n and then
> > expects some kind of response.  I think that mTelnet and Hyperterm (and
> > some others) are returning either an invalid or incorrect response, thus
> > sending some bit of code wildly out of control.
> >
> > Ideas?
>
> Use nCRT instead of CRT.
> nCRT uses ncurses and so it uses the terminfo database.
> Disadvantage: the program will be dynamically linked to ncurses and
> libc6.

nCrt causes me even worse problems - it doubles every character echoed
when using my input routines.

It was pointed out today that I might want to try "tset ansi" and I'll be
damned if that didn't solve the problem entirely.  I still think there is
a bug in the CRT unit somewhere (in GetXY?) but this is a good enough fix
for me.

g.