[fpc-pascal]High resolution timers on linux ?

Matti Hamalainen mhamalai at ratol.fi
Tue Aug 28 11:43:43 CEST 2001

On Tue, 28 Aug 2001 kenneth at computercafeen.dk wrote:

> 486 ?
>
> This piece of software is meant to be running on a
> SingleBoardComputer running a Intel 386EX Microprocessor @ 25 Mhz
> with a 2.2."something" kernel
>
> I suppose it still can use the usleep function,
> if it is implementet into fpc ?

usleep() is a libc function and interface should be available
in the Linux-unit. It works independant of the underlying platform.

You could also use the ualarm(), if you need a "callback" style
working. It is in practice, however, equal to set/getitimer().

Please do
  man alarm
  man setitimer
  man usleep

And select whatever you think is good for you. I believe that
most of these libc-functions can be interfaced through Linux-unit.

=- ccr/TNSP^pWp
] ccr at tnsp.org | http://www.tnsp.org/
] Show me your "realtime raytracer in Java"
] and I'll show you my CBM 8032, 2 MHz!