[fpc-pascal]Windows unit Examples

Full_Name memsom at post.interalpha.co.uk
Thu Aug 16 14:52:21 CEST 2001

Quoting Gabor DEAK JAHN <djg at tramontana.co.hu>:

> At 8/15/01 06:07 PM, you wrote:
>
> Dear Full_Name (?),

My isp has an web front end for email.. it doesn't allow you to change the
name !! :( I've grown to accept it...

> I do it regularly, although I had spurious errors and crashes and I
> temporarily reverted to C with an ongoing project. You have to write
> your own calling mechanism ... <snip>

You can stop at this point ;) FPC may be 'able' to OLE automate in this way,
but it's a 'hack', 'kludge' etc, in-so-much-as if you do it in Delphi, you
don't have to do any of this. I doubt that this answer was what the original
poster was after. It's only a solution if you truely understand how the whole
com/ole mechanism works to quite a low level. I would *not* call
it 'supporting' OLE Automation. After all I could instanciate and use C++
classes in FPC - if I hand code the calls in assembler. I wouldn't call
this 'supporting' C++ by a long chalk.