[fpc-pascal]Interesting Ansistring issues

BigMatt19 at aol.com BigMatt19 at aol.com
Thu Aug 16 08:59:50 CEST 2001

Hey all,
   Quick question... are there any known issues with reading an writing lots of ansistring in a record to and from a text file?  Reason for the question is because I am trying to do just that... but for some reason after it makes a certain amount of reads and writes it gives me some majorly corrupt memory and gives me a runtime error 216 (GPF)

My first thought was that it was my fault (lots of lines of code in this unit) so i went through it with a fine-tooth comb and every single file i opened is closed, every pointer i allocate is freed, etc.  The only thing is, since an Ansistring is a pointer... how do I free that memory?  Because none of the pointer routines seem to work on them. (Gives me type mismatches)

Oh yeah.. i also went and downloaded the latest snapshot (1.1) and still no luck.

Any ideas?

TIA - Matt