[fpc-pascal]CRT unit (was: Beep in Windows)

James_Wilson at i2.com James_Wilson at i2.com
Thu Aug 2 22:08:24 CEST 2001

> - The command "clreol" doesn't work correctly. It clears the rest of
> the line as it should, but it doesn't set the color. (That's what I
> need this command mostly for)

I have problems with clreol clearing an entire line -- it leaves a
character in the last column. It has something to do with perhaps the last
line of the window, or what windmax is set for, but I haven't quite
figured it out yet.

> - Anything is done by calling API codes. That's why it is so slow!
> As far as I understand it, Windows uses a buffer that's built up equal
> to the screenbuffer as it is directly used under DOS, so that you can
> write directly to that buffer as in Dos. Just with the difference, that
> you have to fetch the starting point and size from the API.

Are you referring to write and writeln being slow? If so, I can send you a
function that does pretty fast screen writes for Win32 binaries.

Jim