[fpc-pascal]How do I get started?

Jonathan Gold jonnygee at pacbell.net
Fri Apr 13 07:42:00 CEST 2001

Gosh, just when I was beginning to think I had a clue, this:

I downloaded the combined package for Windows/Dos, accepting all the default
settings. I opened it using WinZip, which then installed everything, cleaned
up, and closed.

And... I don't know how to use what I've downloaded. I've looked at the
ReadMe's, the PDF manual. I type in (at the DOS prompt) the things they
suggest. I keep getting Bad File Command or something like that. In Windows,
none of the files have come up as something windows understands on its own:
i.e. they all ask "Open With..."

I am reading a tutorial (from C.I.T. in New Zealand) but I can't follow
along because I can't get any part of this to work. Honestly I feel really
stupid.

Any help appreciated

TIA,

Jonathan Gold