[fpc-pascal]SSockets Unit + TCP Server

ishmael at mylocalmusic.com ishmael at mylocalmusic.com
Mon Sep 25 22:18:26 CEST 2000

Is there a good example of using the SSockets unit to create a
multi-threaded TCP/IP server?  I'm using the classes defined within the
ssockets unit for a simple Client->Server implementation.  However, I
can't seem to process multiple clients.

The server simply listens on a port, waiting for a client.  Once the
client connects, the server retrieves some information and sends it back
to the client.  This seems to work except that only one client is
supported at any one time.  The second (and subsequent) clients
successfully connect, but the server doesn't recognize them until the
previous client disconnects.  I've tried setting the socket to
NonBlocking, but the results are the same.

Does anyone know where I can find a good example of a simple
multi-threaded tcp/ip server using the FreePascal ssockets unit?  Any
input is appreciated.

Thank you.