[fpc-pascal]Re: [fpc-devel]RTL debugging

md md at realmwireless.com
Mon Oct 30 16:47:48 CET 2000

Hello Marco:

You "Huh?" response sounds like you need further clarification.

Imagine compiling the following program:

program test ;

uses sysutils ;

var
 test : string ;
begin
 test := 'What am I doing' ;
 test := strleft(test,3) ;
end;

Now, in gdb, I would like to step down into sysutils.strleft( ) and
check out its code as it processes the function call.

Currently, the RTL is not compiled with debug information to allow for
stepping into the RTL.

I am looking for a expeditious way to allow this to happen.  Notice my
uses clause did not say, re-compile
the sysutils unit, just that it wants to link in the function.  That
linked code should have debugging information
already in it from a makefile I processed earlier.

Make sense now?

Thanks,

Mark