[fpc-pascal]Free Pascal IDE for Linux

Pierre Muller pierre at freepascal.org
Mon Dec 18 14:42:41 CET 2000

At 09:42 18/12/00 , vous avez écrit:

>On Sun, 17 Dec 2000, Tjabo Kloppenburg wrote:
>
> > > There is an IDE written 100% in FPC available for WIn32,Go32v2 and Linux.
> > > I don't know what version of the executable is available right now, but
> > > I can place one on a public place.
> >
> > name? author?
>
>name: fp
>author: Free Pascal Team
>
>Download:
>ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/snapshot/linux/fp.gz
>(3.4 mb)

I also added a linuxide.tgz file that contains a README and a small script to
render use under X  window easier.

  This is a new snapshot of FP IDE for Linux

   It uses GDB 5.0 for debugging capabilities.

   It can now be used easily in X sessions.
   Open a xterm window,
   run xfp (without background mode)
   the xfp script will info the
   fp executable about the device to use for program
   output for debugging (the output will be the calling xterm window.

   the mouse now works in the xterm version.

   If you have problems with some special keys,
   you can change the settings by using Options|Environment|Learn keys
   dialog.

   Test all listened keys and for the non working ones,
   move useing tab to the corresponding input line and hit the specified
key again.
   Finally go back to OK button using TABs.

   After that your keys should work.
   (this change is stored in fp.dsk file and thus will
   not be known if you start in other directories)

   Please report problems to fpc-devel at lists.freepascal.org

   Enjoy,

    The Free Pascal Development Team