[fpc-pascal]Crashes with multithreading

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Tue Dec 12 13:12:29 CET 2000

> P.S. Alltogether the FPC-Team is doing a good job, but maybe they
> shouldnt "Play around" so much and do some more work to make everything
> stable (on all plattforms).

Stabilising a system that can't be expanded anymore is quite
useless.

You then get into the VP situation where some bugs aren't fixed (this
case it was initialisation of ansistrings in records) because it would
introduce more bugs.

Let alone that we would be able to further increase Delphi stability, or
start to work (in paralel) on other processors (the Itanium is coming
in a few years time, but there is a *lot* of work to be done)

A lot of the post 1.0 rewrites are about restructuring. Also nearly the
entire difference between 0.99.14 and 1.0.4 are about bugfixing and
stabilising.

Marco van de Voort (MarcoV at Stack.nl or marco at freepascal.org)