[fpc-pascal]Find*-Bug

BigMatt19 at aol.com BigMatt19 at aol.com
Fri Dec 8 19:09:15 CET 2000

Unless it is returning other filenames that aren't directories.  "." and ".."
ARE directories.  The function works properly in that case.  Now, if the
function is returning text file and binaries, etc. when the faDirectory
attribute is set then it is broken.  But if it is only returning directory
names and "." and ".." then it is working exactly the way it should.

    Matt

In a message dated 12/8/00 1:04:26 PM Eastern Standard Time, hd at tiro.de
writes:

<< >AFAIK, that will most likely remain that way as well. The '.' stands for
 >current directory, while the '..' stands for parent directory. Since, in
 >essence, those two entries do indeed represent directories findfirst is
 >returning the "correct" answer.

 Realy? Why should I use faDirectory or other attributes if the function
 allways return everything?