[fpc-other] [fpc-devel] Object upgrades

wkitty42 at windstream.net wkitty42 at windstream.net
Mon Jun 17 20:01:54 CEST 2019

On 6/17/19 12:46 PM, Sven Barth via fpc-other wrote:
> <wkitty42 at windstream.net> schrieb am Mo., 17. Juni 2019, 14:44:
>
>     On 6/17/19 1:52 AM, Sven Barth via fpc-other wrote:
>      > I use IMAP, so that could also be part of the explanation...
>
>     i had a feeling that you were using IMAP... most folks these days do use
>     it... i never liked it because 1) it puts more load on the server and 2)
>     unless you take special care to make sure the messages are pulled to your
>     device, they may be lost if the server has a problem and backups can't be
>     restored somehow...
>
> I seriously doubt that Google's servers can't deal with that additional load. 😝

true...

> Also I never had to configure my Thunderbird in any special way to have the
> messages fully on my system...

because most default to using IMAP these days... when you say "fully on your
system", do you mean that you can disable your modem and still access and read
all your mails?? that's what we look at...

> Main advantage of IMAP: it doesn't matter with which computer I check my mails
> and I have multiple ones that have that account set up. 😁

right... that is/was one of the things that IMAP was created for... another
unspoken one was to drive storage needs up which helped to drive the storage
industry as well...