[fpc-other] Stanford Pascal Compiler successfully ported to Windows, OS/2 and Linux

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-other at telemetry.co.uk
Sun Dec 25 11:50:55 CET 2016

On 25/12/16 10:00, Alexander Stohr wrote:
> Am 2016-12-24 um 15:20 schrieb Bernd Oppolzer:

> The first answer for such operators often is: use the right container
> for the value you are in need and avoid all those operators.

Bear in mind that this is very old code that Bernd is maintaining, and
long predates any concept of objects or of containers other than Pascal
records.

> Is the your lower end of those module touching on a system API level for
> that?
> (e.g. the Linux ABI, OS/2 system peronality, WIN32 api - rather than
> malloc()/free() as a C standard library provides it)

Again, bear in mind that one of his major targets is a late-70s vintage
IBM CMS, which predates most APIs as we know them (in fact, long
predates the terms API and ABI themselves :-)

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk