[fpc-devel] Unnoticed bug report

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Thu Jun 27 16:51:37 CEST 2024

On Thu, 27 Jun 2024, Werner Pamler via fpc-devel wrote:

> Hello
>
> Two months ago I submitted the bug report
> https://gitlab.com/freepascal.org/fpc/source/-/issues/40748 about an issue in
> TDBF. Although I was able to add a patch along with test programs this report
> has remained unnoticed until now. A bit de-motivating, I am afraid...

We're not a company with a policy on a guaranteed response time.
We all have day-time jobs.

Gitlab notifies me of new bugreports. If I don't somehow interact with them,
then I will not be notified of follow-up messages, so your follow-up
messages (including patches) are not seen by me (or, so I suspect,
anyone else in the team).

As a consequence, things may go unnoticed, this is not a reflection
on the seriousness of an issue or quality of the patch.

Feel free to contact us here or by other means if you feel that a bugreport
is ignored.

Michael.