[fpc-devel] Question about internal compiler functions

J. Gareth Moreton gareth at moreton-family.com
Tue Jun 25 19:24:31 CEST 2024

Hi everyone,

This might be the silliest question, but where are functions like
fpc_sin_real defined and implemented in the compiler, specifically for
x86_64?  I'm playing around with a faster algorithm but can't seem to
find the actual files where the code is implemented. Functions like
fpc_frac_real have implementations (even though they're hand-coded
assembly language), and parts of the compiler suggest that sin is
handled internally, and there's even lines of code that directly insert
FSIN instructions, and yet the end result seems to be "call fpc_sin_real".

Any insight would be greatly appreciated (I'm starting to suspect that
fpc_sin_real is a generic and slow implementation).

Kit