[fpc-devel] Free Pascal for Windows aarch64 Bug Bounties

J. Gareth Moreton gareth at moreton-family.com
Fri Apr 26 23:11:05 CEST 2024

You've piqued my interest.  I currently only have the ability to develop
on aarch64-linux (Raspberry Pi 400), but I'm curious to know if I can
get a version of Windows to run on it, even if the performance will be
very bad.

So far I've tried to reproduce the issues on aarch64-linux without any
success.  40203 makes sense because it may be a specific issue with
Windows exception handling, but 40198 is a mystery because it's more
closely tied with code generation.  Can you verify that the problem
illustrated on 40198 still occurs on the trunk? (I've confirmed that if
there are more than 10 case statements, the code generator attempts to
use a jump table unless optimisations are turned off)

Kit