[fpc-devel] fnmatch (linux), where is the external

robert rozee rozee at mail.com
Thu Oct 19 13:26:51 CEST 2023

Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2023 at 1:56 AM
From: "Fred vS via fpc-devel" <fpc-devel at lists.freepascal.org>
> @ Rob:
>> #!/bin/sh
>> COMPILER=fpc
>> make clean
>> make all FPC=$COMPILER OPT="-Fl/usr/local/lib"
>> make FPC=$COMPILER install INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/

>> this script, according to Fred vS, rebuilds: FPC, the FPC RTL, and the Lazarus LCL.

> Hum, if I may, I never said that this script will rebuild Lazarus LCL, it will only rebuild FPC and RTL.

my bad - Fred is entirely correct, i got confused about who told me the script would rebuild the LCL. over the course of the past few months hundreds of emails have been exchanged with people from all over the place, and in this case i lost track of who said what! my apologies, Fred.

btw, if any of the fpc-developers are interested, see the below posting for details of the patch:
https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,64731.msg494276.html#msg494276

cheers,
rob   :-)