[fpc-devel] fnmatch (linux), where is the external

robert rozee rozee at mail.com
Tue Oct 17 22:22:22 CEST 2023

Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2023 at 3:05 AM
From: "Mattias Gaertner via fpc-devel" <fpc-devel at lists.freepascal.org>
>> #!/bin/sh
>> COMPILER=fpc
>> make clean
>> make all FPC=$COMPILER OPT="-Fl/usr/local/lib"
>> make FPC=$COMPILER install INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/
>
> No, it updates fpc and all its packages. It does not touch any Lazarus
> package. They must be rebuilt too. Since all packages needs rebuilding,
> it makes no sense to use the lazarus deb. Just use the git version or
> fpcupdelux.

interesting. the above script has been widely circulating on the lazarus/FPC forums, and to date none of the 'experts' there, including Marco, have suggest it is deficient. this silence disappoints me.

what is required to rebuild the "Lazarus packages" locally? i do notice that from within the Lazarus IDE there is a menu option to 'rebuild all', but that this does not work (for Linux users at least) as, in part at least, doing so requires running as root. simply downloading the pre-compiled git version of anything is pointless, as anything pre-built from there is going to contain the same pairing of fnmatch/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.

cheers,
rob   :-)