[fpc-devel] Build failure in FPC Build repository, attn. Florian

Maxim Ganetsky ganmax at narod.ru
Thu Nov 9 15:06:12 CET 2023

09.11.2023 12:10, Michael Van Canneyt via fpc-devel пишет:

> On Thu, 9 Nov 2023, Maxim Ganetsky via fpc-devel wrote:

>>> Well, all I can say is that I am looking into it.
>>>
>>> Till a solution is found, you'll need to be patient...
>>
>> Is there any estimation how much will it take to be fixed?
>
> No, since I don't even know yet what the fix is.
>

>> If it will take too long, I would like to suggest to temporarily
>> disable generation of documentation in order to have binary snapshots
>> available again.
>
> That is what I proposed in the first place.
>
> But I have no idea who generates the snapshots you use, or how they are
> generated.

In this file:

https://gitlab.com/freepascal.org/fpc/build/-/blob/main/.gitlab-ci.yml?ref_type=heads

comment out (add `#` at line start) lines 20, 21, 26-30.

Note that these changes may not be optimal. I see that Florian wrote
this script, so it would be best if he will look at it.

On a side note.

Here:

https://gitlab.com/freepascal.org/fpc/build/-/jobs/5498828229

I see the following errors:

Parser error: ../fpcsrc/rtl/linux/osdefs.inc (34,47):
../fpcsrc/rtl/linux/osdefs.inc(34,47) : "identifier" expected, but "EOF"
found

Ignoring error, continuing with next unit (if any).
Error: Access violation
Ignoring error, continuing with next unit (if any).
Parser error: ../fpcsrc/rtl/linux/osdefs.inc (34,47):
../fpcsrc/rtl/linux/osdefs.inc(34,47) : "identifier" expected, but "EOF"
found
Ignoring error, continuing with next unit (if any).
Error: Access violation
Ignoring error, continuing with next unit (if any).
Parser error:
/builds/freepascal.org/fpc/build/fpcsrc/packages/rtl-extra/src/linux/osdefs.inc
(38,47):
/builds/freepascal.org/fpc/build/fpcsrc/packages/rtl-extra/src/linux/osdefs.inc(38,47)
: "identifier" expected, but "EOF" found
Ignoring error, continuing with next unit (if any).
Parser error:
/builds/freepascal.org/fpc/build/fpcsrc/rtl/linux/osdefs.inc (34,47):
/builds/freepascal.org/fpc/build/fpcsrc/rtl/linux/osdefs.inc(34,47) :
"identifier" expected, but "EOF" found
Ignoring error, continuing with next unit (if any).
Error: Access violation
||Ignoring error, continuing with next unit (if any).|

So I would think that FPDoc has some problems too. Maybe after they are
fixed, documentation build process will be able finish, albeit probably
with incorrect result. But it will anyway improve the situation by an
order of magnitude.

--
Best regards,
  Maxim Ganetskymailto:ganmax at narod.ru