[fpc-devel] type PPGdkScreen = PGdkScreen;

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Sat May 20 13:09:00 CEST 2023

In gtkstatusiconh.inc there is a type definition
  PPGdkScreen = PGdkScreen;
It is most likely a bug. I guess it should be
  PPGdkScreen = ^PGdkScreen;

It is used for :
  gtk_status_icon_get_geometry : function(status_icon:PGtkStatusIcon;
screen:PPGdkScreen; area:PGdkRectangle;
orientation:PGtkOrientation):gboolean; cdecl;

which is used in LCL function TGtk2TrayIconHandle.GetPosition: TPoint;
  gtk_status_icon_get_geometry(FStatusIcon, @AScreen, @AArea,
@AOrientation);
where
  AScreen: PGdkScreen;

FPC option -Sy revealed the error. Otherwise it would be very difficult to
notice.
Incidentally there has been problems with TrayIcons in LCL-GTK2.
I am changing code in Lazarus sources so that it compiles with -Sy. I
recommend FPC project does the same. Very useful option! Typically it
reveals such hard to find bugs.

Please verify if my analysis is correct.
If there is no bug then the type name PPGdkScreen is misleading and should
be removed.
Otherwise I will fix it in LCL sources so that it works also with the
current FPC 3.2.2.

Regards,
Juha