[fpc-devel] WebAssembly compilation problems - Wasm32 symbol xxx without index value error

Kostas Michalopoulos badsectoracula at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 20:38:22 CEST 2023

On 3/28/23 02:12, Michalis Kamburelis via fpc-devel wrote:
> We're experimenting with compiling Castle Game Engine using FPC
> WebAssembly target.
> [..]
> x3dcamerautils.pas(344,0) Error: Wasm32 symbol
> X3DFIELDS$_$TSFROTATION_$__$$_SETVALUE$TGENERICVECTOR4 without index
> value error

FWIW i experienced the same problem when trying to build my Post
Apocalyptic Petra game some months ago as i posted back then:

https://lists.freepascal.org/pipermail/fpc-devel/2022-July/044721.html

Sadly i never found a workaround but it does sound like an issue with
whatever generates the wasm code itself instead of the assembler - as
mentioned in the message above, trying other assemblers produced
different errors.

The errors also seem to be more of a symptom than a cause as, as you
also figured out, trying to fix things just move the error around and it
happens in various places that do not seem to have much in common.

But i didn't look further into it because i was busy with other stuff. I
mainly wanted to make the wasm build for fun and perhaps to put it on
the itch.io landing page if it worked fine but that was very low priority.

Kostas