[fpc-devel] Cocoa and NOT relocatable

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Fri Jun 9 12:58:41 CEST 2023

Il 08/06/23 20:33, Martin Frb via fpc-devel ha scritto:

> Great... Yes, it is an important security feature. But a show stopper
> for people who need to debug.
>
> https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,63571.0.html
>
> 1) Afaik, FPC still can't resolve addresses with -gl (the line info
> unit, that produces nice dumps on other Platforms).
> 2) Users can't later resolve them either.

I wasn't aware of the ASLR feature. But digging in my memory I
remembered a similar crash issue. After digging in the scant information
provided by the debugger it turned out that the problem was generated in
the thread initialization code. As in the application involved I wasn't
using threads, I just commented out the cthreads line in the uses
clause, and the problem disappeared. I didn't investigate further.

Giuliano