[fpc-devel] Make file questions (Makefile.fpc, fpmake.pp, etc)

Wayne Sherman wsherman at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 01:12:25 CET 2023

On Tue, Jan 3, 2023 at 12:17 AM Sven Barth wrote:
>> 1) How do I generate the fpmake.pp file?  Or is it created by manual coding?
>
> This is created manually and is *the* source for how to build a package.
>
>> 2) Does "Makefile" automatically get generated during a build or do I
>> have to manually run FPCMake?
>
> You need to run fpcmake manually.

Got it.  So after moving files and/or directories around in
packages/some-package/ one has to:
  1) Edit fpmake.pp to make sure it has the correct paths and files
  2) Fix up any examples or lazarus project files with the correct
paths. (if needed)
  3) Run fpcmake -w -Tall from base package directory to regenerate Makefile

Thanks for the assistance.