[fpc-devel] fpdoc path + system.uitypes problems.

Marco van de Voort fpc at pascalprogramming.org
Tue Dec 26 18:06:25 CET 2023

Op 26/12/2023 om 10:29 schreef Michael Van Canneyt via fpc-devel:

>> To fix this either we have to e.g. keep a list of packages and a list
>> of units and then try to disambiguate to only pick the longest match.
>> That maybe have risks that other corner cases be found or that the
>> list of units is not yet complete at any point when this system is
>> inside fpdoc.  This requires no changes to the .xmls
>
> This is the road to take. It's similar to what the compiler does,
> after all.
Not the easiest, not the safest, if at any time during the fpdoc run,
the complete list of units is available.

>> A more definitive choice is to change something about the notation
>> and somehow replace or escape dots within identifiers. like
>> rtl.#system.uitypes#.recordtype.fieldname  or like
>
> The # notation is already taken to indicate a fully qualified name.

At the start yes, I remembed that when I looked in the sources
yesterday, but another escapes character can be used, it doesn't
invalidate the principle.
>> rtl.system#uitypes.recordtype.fieldname or
>> rtl.system..uitypes.recordtype.fieldname. (exact characters to be
>> used T.b.d.    Only requires changes to the XML for dotted unit names.
>
> and everything referring to it since any cross-reference would also
> need to be changed.

True, but how many references are there already to dotted units? Not yet
that much. It looked me the easiest short term doable one.