[fpc-devel] Failing Lazarus Codetools Pas2JS-related tests

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Wed Dec 20 10:18:45 CET 2023

On Wed, 20 Dec 2023, Maxim Ganetsky via fpc-devel wrote:

> Hello.
>
> After recent update of FPC 3.3.1 (and Pas2JS) in Lazarus CI several
> Codetools tests related to Pas2JS started failing:
>
> TTestPas2js.TestPas2js_ReadSettings: pas2js system unit not found
> TTestPas2js.TestPas2js_FindDeclaration: pas2js system unit not found
> TTestPas2js.TestPas2js_FindDeclaration_AWait: pas2js system unit not found
>
> They worked fine with FPC 3.3.1 from November 30.
>
> Is this an FPC regression or the tests should be adapted somehow? Can
> this be related to introduction of subtargets to Pas2JS?

It could be, although I suspect it is more likely that the sources moved to
a subdir src in each of the package directories, to support namespaced
files.

I was not aware that there were tests for pas2js in the lazarus codebase, so
yes, probably some tests or the underlying code in the IDE need to be adapted.

Michael.