[fpc-devel] Error when building fpc on aarch64-linux still not resolved

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 17:24:59 CET 2023

On Thu, 16 Nov 2023 10:08:53 +0100, Bo Berglund via fpc-devel
<fpc-devel at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:

>See ticket:
>https://gitlab.com/freepascal.org/fpc/source/-/issues/39295
>
>It was closed a year ago being purportedly resolved...
>
>But only for powerpc 64 bit...
>
>It is still there for aarch64-linux used by Pi-OS bookworm 64 bit, which is now
>the recommended version...
>
>RaspberryPi is a very popular platform so a solution for that is needed.
>
>I have tried building (via fpcupdeluxe) several revisions of fpc up to and
>including trunk, but all fail with the same error outlined in the ticket above.

I also downloaded the sources to build FPC ansd Lazarus directly, but the FPC
build failed again with the same error.
Then I installed fpc 3.2.2 via apt (sudo apt install fpc) and when I use this
compiler I can start using Lazarus since with that Lazarus builds from sources
(both 2.2.6 and the 3.0_RC2)

Here is what I have now:

 $ apt policy fpc
fpc:
  Installed: 3.2.2+dfsg-20
  Candidate: 3.2.2+dfsg-20
  Version table:
 *** 3.2.2+dfsg-20 500
        500 http://deb.debian.org/debian bookworm/main arm64 Packages
        500 http://deb.debian.org/debian bookworm/main armhf Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

So I will wait for the next release before resuming building from sources on
Linux arm 64 bit.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden